Operation Roxy - In Progress

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm Home!

I drove home on Monday in the boyfriends car. Jase is missing it and I think a bit worried about me having it plus a little upset at the inconvenience of it all but hey what a sweetheart.

I'll be putting my hands on my new car sometime in the next couple of months and I', very excited about it. It's not a 4wd but that will surely come eventually. Isn't she pretty.

At the moment I have named her Maggie but that's subject to change. LOL.

I am buying her off one of my very best friends Loz who is mentioned all the freaking time on my blog and has managed (Until now) to keep her face off of it. See below!


Loz is marrying the love of her life on Valentines day and it is so exciting! I've figured out her kitchen tea present (not telling you hun!) But although she knows what her wedding present is going to be it's being a bitch to find ha-ha. Must be perfect!

Unfortunately my first stop on arrival into town was the Royal Melbourne Hospital where a friend of mine was in an induced coma after a motorbike accident. I was put on the ICU list as his girlfriend so I could go in and see him and went back again Tuesday. He is doing much better now and I will get back in tomorrow or over the weekend to see him again. These hospitals make a tonne of money on parking though I tell you!

On Monday when I couldn't get hold of Megan at home or on her mobile I figured there was a baby coming and phoned the hospital by Tuesday. Sure enough she was there in labor. Congrats to Megan and Dean on the birth of Chiara Elizabeth Anne on Wednesday morning at 8:44am. After being told baby was going to be tiny she gave birth to a 10lb 5oz little girl who is absolutely the apple of her mothers eye. I am hoping to get in and visit them tomorrow. (with my camera)

Sunday Loz, Nick and I went to Palm Beach and had a swim. Even though we were all earing water proof sunscreen we all ended up severely burnt within 1.5 hours. My sunscreen was supposed to last IN water for 4 hours. Not happy!

We had a great and indulgent lunch at Dunes and really enjoyed each others company. To say it made it harder for me to leave is nothing short of an understatement! I love my friends so much and our time together is always quality.

My burn has meant I haven't done any exercise until today as I haven't been able to wear a bra! (Shocker) But today I finally moved on to week 3 of the couch to 5 km program. I tell you it's hard freaking work and I wanted to stop running so many times. I'm proud to say I didn't though and although I struggled hard I got through it! Just. But that's all that matters right?

I think my shoes are making a big difference but I am still getting used to them. They feel alot heavier than the Shox but I don't feel as much pain. The lactic build up I felt as I was running today was hard to get through though.

Something new for the diet is a Creatine supplement. I am not loading (on professional advice I don't need to) but just taking a level teaspoon in my shakes after a workout daily. I started using it today. I have EAS Phosphagen which is great because it mixes smoothly and has no taste or anything so I don;t even know it's there. It should help me, build and maintain good muscle mass, reduce post workout soreness, lift bigger weights, run better and as a lead on from having more muscle eventually lose more weight. Apparently I will hold water though so I am expecting a weight gain and I just don't care!

Anyway I hope everyone else is good!

Labels: ,


Posted by Jadey :: 7:08 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------