Operation Roxy - In Progress

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Good Week (97.5)

As I have said so many thousands of times before the focus here is on Progress not Perfection.
Have I made progress this week? Hell yes!
Have I been perfect this week - Nope
Do I win a prize - YUP!


Looks at my weight loss since Monday! 2.4kg's Gone!
I am enjoying my free day today but as planned I'm not going overboard nor do I even wish to.

I woke up to a couple of pieces of chocolate. I can eat the pie my Dad bought home (even though I asked for rolls and deli meat) and I'll have whatever I please for dinner (That time has not yet come and so I dunno what that will be yet). But I am not pigging myself as I have done in th past.


Previously I would remember every single craving I had for the entire week, buy it all up and then try and eat it all on the one day. Which left me feeling frankly like crap. So This is all about restraint. Or even more listening to my body. You know my biggest craving right now is a FRESH soft roll from the bakery with butter and vegemite. Yumm


I'm going to the gym this afternoon to get done what I didn't to yesterday. You see I had no trackpants left that actually fit over "Mount Jadey" That were clean and dry. A problem that was going to happen every 3rd day unless I fixed it so I went to BigW yesterday and bought 3 more pairs of trackpants. 3/4 length and they fit nicely.


You see I got fat cause I made excuses. Injury, illness, family problems, can't be bothered maybe tomorrow, no clean trackies ......... The list could go on.

But NONE of these excuses are going to get my pants done up. So I'm really over the excuses I tell myself and I am striving for accomplishments.


There is a Ralph Marston Quote that has inspired me well. Thanks to Rae who posted it on her blog awhile ago.



EXCUSES OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

IT IS EASY TO MAKE UP EXCUSES TO TELL TO YOURSELF. FOR YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SAY TO YOURSELF.


BUT WHAT DO THOSE EXCUSES ACCOMPLISH? WHERE DO THEY TAKE YOU?


IT’S EASY TO USE YOUR THINKING TO RATIONALIZE YOUR WAY OUT OF TAKING ACTION. WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT, YOU CAN THINK OF PLENTY OF GOOD, BELIEVABLE REASONS FOR NOT MAKING THE EFFORT.


AT SOME POINT, THOUGH, YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION. DO YOU WANT YOUR LIFE TO BE FILLED WITH EXCUSES OR WITH ACCOMPLISHMENTS?


IN FACT, EACH TIME YOU CATCH YOURSELF THINKING UP AN EXCUSE OR RATIONALIZATION, ASK YOURSELF THAT QUESTION. CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO CONSCIOUSLY CHOOSE WHETHER OR NOT YOU WISH TO ACCOMPLISH.


WHEN YOU FORCE YOURSELF TO LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, THE EXCUSES WILL BEGIN TO LOOK PRETTY SILLY AND USELESS. THE MORE YOU REMIND YOURSELF OF THE VALUE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT, THE MORE YOU WILL TAKE ACTION INSTEAD OF MAKING UP EXCUSES.


AND THE MORE YOU TAKE ACTION, THE MORE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.


- RALPH MARSTON

Labels:


Posted by Jadey :: 2:35 PM :: 13 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------