Operation Roxy - In Progress

Friday, January 26, 2007

Australia Day

Happy Australia Day All!


I have had a slow and nothing kind of day today which has been pretty good until now when I am bored and dying to eat the chocolate that is sitting in the house.


This morning a mate came around and we were going to help him clean up his car, but it wouldn't start. But he came anyway (has 2 cars) and we had a good old Big Aussie Brekky.


I cooked my little heart out and I don't think anyone actually NEEDED to eat for most of the day afterwards. I kept it fairly healthy too. I am so happy with my boy who had cleaned up the whole kitchen before I could get near it. Thanks Bup Bow!


One day I will get involved in all the celebrations etc like I used to. In Frankston we used to have an Australia Day Parade that went from the city centre out to Ballam Park (locals would know it) At the park there would be a carnival to enjoy with rides and food and general fun, as well as the awards and citizenship ceremonies etc.


I used to be a professional clown! In fact it was my first job and I started out in parades like these. Leading a float and making kids laugh etc. It was brilliant! Even though every year I would need to be almost starkers under my costume because of the heat! Oh and do you have any clue how many guys will hit on a clown? I swear to God, if you are single and looking give it a go. It probably comes down to the confidence thing guys seem to like.


The days of parades are now long gone. And I don't know if they have the celebrations in the park anymore. I hope they do! I am in Sydney this Australia Day though and I should have made some kind of effort to find something similar and enjoy a day out.


This Australia Day seems to be extra patriotic this year. I haven't seen so many flags in a damn long time! Good on us Aussies I say. Wave em proudly. I guess it comes from all the controversy in the last week.


I am still carless but will be driving the other halfs wheels back to Melbourne on Monday. Bit of a bummer for him though cause then he wont have any wheels to get around with. It makes it hard with his leg and all too, but what can I do when I need it for work?


I know it sounds ungrateful when I whinge about MIL but I have said alot without any response. The reason cooking becomes difficult is because when I live here and I get home from work she has already got dinner organised and cooked up. Very frustrating because she tends to have everything cooked by 4 - 5pm.


Anyway, she listened to me about the rissoles! Success.

(And here I am craving the chocolate great example I set huh!)


Tomorrow Loz and I are planning on going for a run and then going for a swim. We avoided the pool today because I suspect they would have all been packed with kids and families and while I love kids I KNOW, when I don't I just haven't the patience LOL. Very bad.


I wonder if we should do brekky too. Will try to remember to charge my camera tonight and take it with me. Jase has it at the moment at a mates house.


We were supposed to go out tonight for dinner with friends, but in a last minute change of plans Jase has taken his car to a friends place to fit his stereo before I go. He's had the new speakers sitting in his office for a damn long time, aren't I the lucky girl? LOL But for the time being I am at home, been reading all your blogs, commented on most. Bored out of my mind. Cannot wait for the tennis to just P... Off!


I was looking forward to dinner out too. Ah well such is life LOL


Now I was reading Rae's & Lia's blogs and wondering how on earth they do the food thing. I mean obviously I have food issues. They just seem to glide trough it all. No chocolate binges. No Mc Donalds or KFC splurges. Is it something you just learn? And when will it come easy to me?

Labels:


Posted by Jadey :: 8:31 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------