Operation Roxy - In Progress

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sydney Fires


OK so I found a car last week. Made a deal with the bloke and everything and flew down to Melbourne with the boy to check it out. What the guy failed to inform me was....


It has a roadworthy that expired mid last year NOT supplied with roadworthy like he said.
The photos depict the car when he bought it - 5 years ago and a hell of alot of scratches and mistreatment since then.

It has about $1000 worth of work that needs doing before it is roadworthy.

His word was worth nothing to a $2 hooker!


I left the car in Melbourne and had to HIRE a car 1 way back to Sydney to get Jase home in time for work on Monday morning as there was basically no flights available. I had a migraine Saturday night after all the stress so poor Jase had to do all the driving as I couldn't find a focus at all.

I'm somewhere near $1500+ down for my misadventure and so upset about it all. That's a shitload of money when you are trying to buy a car.

Back to the drawing board.

Sunday night we went out for dinner with friends and on the way home could clearly see the glow from the fire in Sydney's Northern suburbs. So after driving 1000kms we decided to take a quick detour (an hour perhaps) and drive out to see the fires.
We almost got stuck up North as the closed the southbound lanes of the F3 amd the Old Pacific Hwy was a standstill! Luckily we decided to take the Wisemans Ferry route home and after going through the middle of fires on both sides of the road and taking a few piccys (virtually none of which turned out) we made it home 4 hours later.

Mary I am so sorry I missed your BBQ. I ended up taking off for Melbourne on Friday night.

Yesterday I took Jasons car to get repaired on the other side o town and then came back to pick up a workmate of his to take him to the ferry as it was the only way up or down the coast. The queue? 3 hours long! It went for miles and miles. Poor bloke.

I grabbed a shot from one of the residents parking spots. to give SOME idea but there was no way of getting the whole queue in the photo as it was just too long and went too far back down the peninsula. It easily stretched back past the Pine trees winding all the way out onto the street. Palm Beach was just manic so I gave up on the swimming idea for the day.


Have so far made today a good one. Got out of bed at 5am and was at the gym for doors open. Still in week 2 of the couch to 5km but as I was ok with it before the change in shoes I think that's all it is. Just getting used to me new running style with the new shoes.

Again can't praise Running Science enough.

Also got some shakes etc with me now so that was breakfast sorted and I just need to keep on track to make sure I get the results I am aiming for. Having not weighed for over a week now is killing me! I can't believe it. I am so scales orientated and not having mine "ooch." I just need to keep plodding along with the knowledge that if I do the right thing I will see the results.

Labels:


Posted by Jadey :: 8:54 AM :: 9 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------