Operation Roxy - In Progress

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sydney




Things have been going well this trip! In a kind of way.

So the thought pattern was that I am supposed to buy a new car now I sold my old one. I mean I drive for a living so really there isn't much other choice. Except all my options have blown up in my face and I can't buy anything.
So I am in Sydney and I am carless. *Cries*
Something will sort itself out I am sure. There are a few options happening at the moment, but it never stops the stress.
I went and had my feet assessed at Running Sceince in Rozelle. For those who don't know Running Science is a team of physiotherapists, podiatrists and othe health professionals who ensure you get the correct shoes for your gait. (Pronate/supinate/neutral and the zillion other factors)
They are absolutely fanstastic and I cannot praise them highly enough. Their service and analysis and sales are brilliant and although I have struck a small rubbing problem not detected at purchase one phone call and they are more than happy to help me get it all sorted out.

They put me on a treadmill with cameras aimed at my feet and watched the way I walk, where I throw my feet to, the way they roll and the balance. It turns out I have neautral feet but they are very unstable so it was more a matter of a snug fit and creating that stability.

I progressed from Rozelle to Bondi Junction for a Body Composition scan. I took Jason with me of course and although he didn;t have a scan done Jarrod was more than happy to offer him some advice in a NICE POSITIVE MANNER! So freaking improtant! Especially to Jase who can get narky if he thinks someone is trynig to blow wind up his butt or putting him down. I was so happy! My results weren;t so great. Alot worse than last time but I managed to keep all bar 1.1kg of muscle on me so at least that's a positive. Now I am working to get it all off and I have Jarrod's help in doing so.

He is totally brilliant and if you haven't done so and HAVE the chance to do it, go have a scan done with him! www.bodycomposition.com.au and tell him I sent you! This is the ONLY accurate way of measureing your bone density, bone weight, muscle weight, fat weight and therefor the only 100% accurate way to measure your body fat percentage etc. (Water tests are close enough to accurate but pinch tests and especially body fat scales are FAR from accurate or reliable)

Plus he helps set your calorie intake / workout level etc. Which is a huge help!

Sunday Morning Loz and I caught up and decided to battle the steps at Palm Beach. It was quite a workout and I have lost all step climbing fitness since the last time I battled the 1000 steps in the Moutn Dandenongs. My calves are still KILLING me! I am near on cripple especially if you ask me to go downhill or down steps. They just don't want to be stretched that far. A great workout so long as you take your time.

I plan on getting a swim in at some time down at the Palm Beach pool. In Sydney pools seem to be carved into the rock beachside at almost every beach. The Palm Beach pool looks particularly appealing! It's a fantastic idea! The waves from the ocean and high tide fill the pool and it's a nice level predictable area for swimming. I'm not a beach fan I'm, a pool fan so this works well. The stunning view of the beach that I love and the pool environment. Plus it's free!!!!!

Palm Beach is home to the rich and famous as well as "Home and Away" so there's the chance I might see a celeb or two as well. Have charged my camera batteries and will take some shots.


Sunday Jase and I went car shopping and couldn't find a thing that was half decent. There were 2 cars I was supposed to buy as "interims" both fell through. We decided to add X Trails to the list, remove CRV's (not comfortable for Jase to drive) and Add the new Mitsubishi Outlanders as a future option for lease. (1 - 2 years) I thought I might get to see the new Short Wheel Base Pajero in the flesh (And was dying for a tes drive) But although they were supposed to go on sale in October or something last year, they are all still sitting on the docks apparently.

SWB Pajeros have been a passion of Jason's since he got his licence (first, second third and forth car for him) And for me since we borrowed one of his old pajeros off a friend to tow my car back from Melbourne to Sydney arond 5 years ago. They were discontinued in 1999 and the Long Wheel Base is just too big!


Monday Loz and I caught up first thing in the morning for a workout - the gym we chose to go to first was a dive! SO inappropriate when your free weights jump from 500g to 5kg! What about 1-5? So we jumped on the treadmills and made sure to get something out of it.

Last night I caught up with another friend and his new lady (who is so lovely! I could see us becoming great buddies too) and we went to the local RSL for a lovely dinner (I am making really healthy choices but allowing myself the chippies on the plate as there are only a couple) then sat around in the lounge drinking diet coke and talking all night.

It wasn't that condusive to my 5:45am appointment with Loz again this morning for another workout lol. But I got out of bed and went to the gym and proceeded with my couch to 5km program. This time Fitness First @ Mona Vale which is 300x Nicer that Dee Why. The first treadmill I jumped on was a bit of a worry though as I almost fell on my face and then my butt when the belt started slipping. Scary!

Got a great workout done in the end though.

Today I have been stuck at home searching for cars basically. As I said there are a few prospects so all hope is not lost (although yesterday and this morning I was stressed to tears over it) and I have my fingers crossed for one in particular (stay tuned)
Jason's car is in getting the air conditioner fixed (must have!)

My trip is now being played out almost minute by minute - well hour by hour anyway. I have no idea when I am going home and no idea what I am doing day to day but I am working out everyday as planned!

Loz is a great workout partner and she keeps me on track.

Anyway so that's my update so far. I hope all is well with you all. It is taking me forever to get through my blog roll but it's happening :)

Go Hard!

Labels:


Posted by Jadey :: 1:50 PM :: 14 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------