Operation Roxy - In Progress

Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 - that was the Year That Was......


So it's New Years Eve and time to look back on the year that's now behind us.

I came into 2006 after about 6 months on a weight loss journey. I weighed 92.2kg . January saw me set New Years Resolutions, weight loss goals and start a
New Year New Me Challenge at the Living in the Suburbs forums. I got myself a new personal trainer and found I was working harder than ever before. His name is Jarrod and pushing me to the absolute limit was his fun. Throwing up and collapsing on the couch after my session Biggest Loser style wasn't that unusual.

January saw the announcement of Angelina Jolie's pregnancy to Brad Pitt, and we all watched on in wonder. She later gave birth to a beautiful girl they named Shiloh. January 16th saw me hit the 80's for the first time in my adult life! I was so excited.


In February I started my first ever Body for Life Challenge. Life was good and I was happily going through life and Losing weight!

In March I did the 1000 steps for the first time. Well the 1st time I didn't make it all the way (I later found out I was maybe 20 steps from the top!) But I did return and conquer 10 days later. It's now one of my favorite challenges and while I haven't done it for awhile I hope I get back into it soon! I had my first injury which was a sore lower hamstring. And I met my 2nd blogging friend Kathryn at the Make Me Over Expo. I won the New Year New Me Challenge over at Living in the Suburbs . And bought myself an iPod with the winnings.

In April I got to meet a whole heap more blogger who I can now count lifelong friends.
The very next week I was leaning on these people and all of my friends when my Dad was involved in a massive car accident. I am thankful everyday that he is still with us. We almost lost him quite a few times with the accident then, pulmonary embolisms and other blood clots and haemorrhage's. During this period I got to my lowest weight ever of 82.9kg! Unfortunately the rest of the year went uphill from there.

May saw me go to my first ever "class" I picked body Combat and enjoyed it. The throwing of punches and kicks etc. Love it! And boy does it get the heart racing and your calves feel it bouncing like that all the time. May also saw me hurt Knee, Ankle and Groin all in the one day! Oh joy and fun. We took my Dad down to the Peninsula Hot Springs. And it was a huge help to both our injuries.


June saw me zipping around in a VW Beetle Cabriolet in Red! It was a hot little beastie and even though we were experiencing temps of around -5°C I still took every opportunity to have the roof down. I also decided I was having a 2nd birthday. My real birthday sucked so hey why not. In June I had been doing my best to live a healthy life for 12 months. So June 29th was my 1st New Me birthday.

In July
Michelle, Shontie and I trekked up the 1000 steps. Then the next day I went back up again with some BFL friends. I bought myself a RED Polar f11 Heart Rate monitor and while my roxy jeans did up you couldn't really say they fit. Then I ran a personal best of 10 minutes! 10 whole minutes running without stopping! I stuffed up both my hip flexors straight after that and haven't run since! We had another Bloggers meet up organised by Beckie this time, we all met in the city for lunch.

In August I had a body composition scan done and it showed me how far backwards I had slipped. I got my motivation back. Injured myself again and stuffed it all back up. I visited a physio for the first time in my life. I went to the footy for the first real time in my life and saw Carlton get smashed by the Tigers.


September saw the loss of two great Aussie Legends. That of Steve Irwin and Peter Brock. It all still feels like yesterday. September saw my computer crash, which means I basically have no clue what I did for most of the month LOL .


In October I discovered Koko Black Chocolates. I'm firmly of the belief that this is Ails and Phils fault. Ails and I started a challenge to get to 70kg. I made a return to the pool and started swimming to try and assist my injury recovery. My neighbor put on a nude show in his driveway. I wrote a 101 things to do in 1001 Days list. It took me ages and ages. I crashed my car and then got it all fixed up and decided to sell it. (It's still not sold) I was heading for a trip to Sydney when my other half decided to surprise me by turning up in my bedroom as I was packing. The best surprise ever! We then went and traveled the Great Ocean Road together. Our first ever holiday. And went on a chopper ride.

In November I got my hands on a New Olympus MJU810 camera. I love it. I went and did a XXX Waxing course. Went to head office of the company I work for in Canberra and kind of went on a shopping spree. I got an organisation bug and the pantry, fridge and freezer were the first victims. Let me just add Howards Storage World has had way too much of my money this year! But I do love the place. We (not me) re-elected the Bracks Government. Then I ended up in hospital with a Migraine - my first ever. Where I endured multiple lumbar punctures, followed on by angiograms and lots of mess. I HATE NEEDLES.

December started of with the Blogger Christmas Party! I had a freaking ball! I watched the biggest loser finale and got my motivation working again. I spent most of December planning for Christmas and for 2007. I plan on succeeding next year! I turned 26 but wont celebrate until next year cause everyone is too busy.
I end 2006 over 100kg (not sure how much but I know I am)

I'm happy to leave this year behind and I have already shopped and planned for the first week of 2007.


To all of you I wish a very Happy New Year. Safe Travels and much fun, love, health and joy to you and your family in 2007.


Labels: , ,


Posted by Jadey :: 8:14 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------