Operation Roxy - In Progress

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Body Balance



"BODYBALANCE® is a revolution in mind-body training.

A dynamic, fitness-to-music program that leaves you feeling relaxed and renewed, BODYBALANCE® combines the best of eastern disciplines, like yoga and tai chi, with popular new methods such as Pilates.

Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance."


Today I honored 2 promises I have made to myself.

1) To try a new class every week
2) To do a type of Stretching class at least once a week

This week I thought Body Balance would be a nice relaxing start to my weekend. Easy going not hard if I kept to the easy stretches and good for my body. I had heard it was a bit of a cardio workout but seriously the moves are slow and controlled how much cardio could there be?

I really don't think I could have been more wrong about this.

Within the first track my heart rate had jumped and I was sweating profusely! Somewhere along the way I thought I was going to die! I couldn't hold poses as long as others and who knew that something that looked so innocent could so seriously challenge your quads?

But by the time we got to the relaxation I felt amazing. It really calmed me down alot. Last night I was screaming and a bit hysterical after yesterday had turned upside down on me in various areas of my life. This morning I did not want to get up but I remembered I had made this appointment with myself to try this class. And I remembered Excuses or Accomplishments the Ralph Marston quote I first read thanks to Rae.

I am so glad I did it. I may even make it a weekly event. Not sure how I'll go with the other "stretching" classes like yoga and pilates but I'll give them a shot in good time too. I feel like a new person after that.

So would you like to know just how challenging I found it?
I burnt 970 calories in my 1 hour body balance class. Amazing! I get 1100 out of a cycle class.

Labels: ,


Posted by Jadey :: 6:04 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------